ST JOHN PRESCHOOL IS NOW ENROLLING FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR! Call (502) 753-1768 for more information or to schedule a tour.
St John Preschool is an outreach ministry of St John United Methodist Church. We believe each child is a unique individual created by God. Our goal is to encourage confident, independent learners.
St John Preschool takes a Christian Based/Thematic approach, implementing developmentally appropriate activities. Curriculum is driven by developmental checklists (aligned with the Kentucky Standards), and is teacher-generated from many resources, including: preschool Bibles, NAEYC guidelines, Handwriting Without Tears, Singapore Math, children’s literature, resource texts, and Internet sources. Toddler programs are organized play groups incorporating developmentally appropriate skills and activities.
- Toddlers have class sizes of 6 students with 2 staff.
- Twos have class sizes of 8-10 students with 2 staff.
- Threes have class sizes of 8-12 students with 1 or 2 staff.
- Fours have class sizes of 8-16 students with 1-2 staff.
- Fives have class sizes of 24 with 3 staff.
Preschool Registration Fees
- 2 day programs, $185
- 3 day programs, $210
- 4 day programs, $235
- Junior Kindergarten, $260
- Kindergarten, $400
* Registration fees are non-refundable
2020-2021 Preschool Tuition
- Toddlers & Twos (2 day) – Monthly Rate $275, Quarterly Rate $800.25, Annual Rate $2400.75
- Threes (2 day) – Monthly Rate $275, Quarterly Rate $800.25, Annual Rate $2400.75
- Threes (3 day) – Monthly Rate $325, Quarterly Rate $945.75, Annual Rate $2837.25
- Threes (4 day) – Monthly Rate $385, Quarterly Rate $1120.35, Annual Rate $3361.05
- Fours (3 day) – Monthly Rate $325, Quarterly Rate $945.75, Annual Rate $2837.25
- PreK/Fours (4 day) – Monthly Rate $385, Quarterly Rate $1120.35, Annual Rate $3361.05
- Junior Kindergarten (4 day) – Monthly Rate $400, Quarterly Rate $1164.00, Annual Rate $3492.00
- Kindergarten – Monthly Rate $600, Quarterly Rate $1746.00, Annual Rate $5238.00
Preschool Dates and Times of Operation
Classes begin in late August and end mid May. The preschool is in session Monday thru Thursday from 9am – noon.
Kindergarten class will meet Monday 9am-noon, Tuesday thru Thursday 9am – 2pm, and 15 Fridays during the year 9am-1pm.
Optional extended day program
An optional extended day program is offered on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, from noon to 2pm. The fee is $15/day ($14 if paid quarterly or annually). Academic extended day is available for Four-Year-Olds and Junior Kindergarten students. The fee is $20 per day.
Fantastic Fridays are available twice per month (9am – 1pm). The fee is $35 per day. Academic Fridays are available for Junior Kindergarten students for $40 per day (all Academic Fridays are included in Kindergarten tuition).